Mitsubishi Outlander Windshield Replacement
What's In This Post?
- 1 Mitsubishi Outlander Windshield Replacement
- 2 Recent Online Price Quotes
- 3 Auto Glass Services Offered
- 4 Glass Options
- 5 Recommended Automotive Services
- 6 FAQ
- 7 Key Takeaways
- 8 Let’s Talk
Replacing the windshield of a Mitsubishi Outlander can cost between $345 and $1,235, depending on the year model, glass type, and additional safety features installed. Newer Outlanders have a Safety Shield system that includes lane-position sensors and cameras for advanced braking systems that need calibration after the replacement is complete, which causes the price to be higher. Check out our article on auto glass cost factors to learn more about what controls the different prices.
Auto Glass Estimates
The Mitsubishi Outlander has eight pieces of glass and nine if you count the sunroof. The following table outlines the competitive prices for each of these pieces. The price ranges below are based on averages across the United States. To discuss your vehicle and get exact details, click one of the “Find Local Shops Now” buttons to find and speak with the auto glass shop closest to your location.
|Glass Part||Average Price|
|Front Windshield||$345.00 to $1,235.00|
|Driver-Side Front Door Window||$310.00 to $470.00|
|Passenger-Side Front Door Window||$310.00 to $470.00|
|Driver-Side Back Door Window||$320.00 to $440.00|
|Passenger-Side Back Door Window||$320.00 to $440.00|
|Driver-Side Quarter Window||$560.00 to $1,075.00|
|Passenger-Side Quarter Window||$560.00 to $1,075.00|
|Back Glass||$350.00 to $875.00|
|Auto Glass Repair||$75.00 to $125.00|
Your price may vary depending on where you live, local labor costs, and the selected glass type. (Ex: Prices in Texas for OEM and Aftermarket glass might be higher than in Oklahoma.)
Recent Online Price Quotes
Below is a table showing various Mitsubishi Outlander year models and auto glass prices quoted throughout the United States. The estimated price could be higher or lower than those listed below, depending on your location, Outlander’s advanced safety features, and the requested glass type.
|2022||Windshield with Acoustic Interlayer Rain/Light Sensor Heated Adaptive Cruise Control Lane Keep Assist Forward Collison Alert||$908.45||Broken Arrow, OK 74012|
|2018||Windshield||$365.67||De Soto, MO 63020|
|2018||Driver rear door glass||$351.48||Columbus, MS 39702|
|2017||Windshield||$364.75||Hampton, VA 23666|
|2019||Back glass||$453.48||Mays Landing, NJ 08330|
|2022||Heated Windshield with Acoustic Interlayer and Adaptive Cruise Control||$937.14||Lakeland, FL 33815|
|2003||Windshield||$383.22||Norwalk, CA 90650|
|2017||Windshield||$366.18||Bronx, NY 10469|
|2022||Windshield with Lane Keep Assist and Forward Collison Alert||$949.57||Hampton, VA 23666|
|2008||Windshield||$375.78||Redding, CA 96002|
|2018||Windshield with rain sensor||$409.58||Palo Alto, CA 94301|
|2018||Windshield||$529.45||Charleston, SC 29414|
|2017||Windshield||$683.87||Exton, PA 19341|
|2018||Back glass-heated-with defrost-clear||$863.17||North Chelmsford, MA 01863|
|2005||Windshield||$336.18||Charlotte, NC 28202|
|2022||Windshield||$986.18||Fajardo, PR 00738|
|2019||Windshield||$437.67||Manitowoc, WI 54220|
|2017||Windshield||$938.15||Knoxville, TN 37923|
|2019||Windshield||$927.57||Albuquerque, NM 87107|
|2022||Windshield||$939.48||Palmdale, CA 93550|
|2019||Windshield||$911.05||Memphis, TN 38135|
|2011||Windshield||$472.18||Bronx, NY 10456|
|2019||Windshield||$632.84||Fayetteville, NC 28314|
|2008||Windshield||$404.18||Reno, NV 89501|
|2020||Windshield||$948.64||Eagle, ID 83616|
Auto Glass Services Offered
|Rear Windows||Rock Chip Repair|
|Door Glass||Sunroof Window|
|Quarter Glass||Regulator Repair|
Get an Auto Glass Price Quote Now
Is OEM, Aftermarket, or Dealer glass best? For many drivers, the cost of Dealer glass can be a significant barrier when getting a replacement since they’re usually the most expensive. For this reason, getting quotes for OEM and Aftermarket is a good idea if you’re looking for better prices.
The only major difference between an OEM or Aftermarket version and a Dealer version is the logo; the automotive maker’s logo is only visible with a Dealer version. But all three glass types must meet Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) to be installed on vehicles in the United States.
Buying an aftermarket glass will save you money compared to buying from a dealer. However, you may get slightly less performance from aftermarket glass in terms of resistance against rock chips, while OEM and Dealer versions come with higher protection standards.
Consider your options for vehicles like the Mitsubishi Outlander when replacing damaged or cracked glass. Fortunately, you now have access to replacements that match your budget and safety requirements without the premium cost of getting an authentic dealership part.
Recommended Automotive Services
Regular automotive maintenance is essential in keeping the Outlander running safely and efficiently. Without these regular checkups, serious mechanical problems can occur. Mitsubishi mechanics recommend following the services listed below to avoid expensive repairs.
- Oil Changes: Regular oil changes are critical in keeping your Mitsubishi Outlander running efficiently and reliably. Mitsubishi recommends using synthetic oil and changing it every 7,500 miles. Neglecting these timespans can cause serious damage to the motor parts, such as clogged filters, and even make the engine seize up. Additionally, not abiding by this schedule will eventually lead to decreased fuel efficiency.
- Tire Rotations: Regular tire rotations are essential for any Mitsubishi Outlander, as they can significantly extend the life of your tires. Mitsubishi recommends rotating them every 7,500 miles to keep the wear pattern even and maintain optimal traction and fuel economy. Not rotating your tires can lead to uneven wear, decreased performance, and worse gas mileage – so regular rotation should be a top priority in vehicle maintenance!
- Tune-Ups: Scheduling tune-ups regularly helps maintain the health of your vehicle’s components and keeps everything functioning as intended. For a Mitsubishi Outlander specifically, it’s advised to schedule tune-ups every 15,000 to 25,000 miles with an estimated price tag ranging from $250 to $500 depending on what parts may need replacing during the tune-up process.
- Brake Pad Replacement: The brake system is one of the most important components of any car for safe driving experiences. On a Mitsubishi Outlander, brake pads should be checked every 7,500 miles, with an estimated pad replacement cost typically ranging from $200 – $350, depending on the type of pads chosen.
- Replace Wiper Blades: Keeping your window clear while driving is key to staying safe. In bad weather, wiper blades are essential. Over time, high wear and tear can cause these blades to harden and crack, reducing their performance. To keep your visibility sharp, it’s recommended that Mitsubishi Outlander owners replace their wiper blades every six months at an average cost of $15 – 25 per blade.
What Causes Wind Noise After a Windshield Replacement?
Wind noise after a replacement is caused by several things. To avoid these issues, it is important to wait at least 24 hours for the urethane adhesive to dry before driving the vehicle and to ensure that all areas around the window are properly sealed.
- Air pressure from closing the car door before the urethane adhesive has had time to dry. Slightly opening the side window when closing the doors within the 24 hours following an installation will prevent air pressure inside the cab.
- Driving too soon after installation can create air pockets between the glass and urethane.
- Areas of weakened urethane can also lead to wind noise. This typically happens when the auto glass technician doesn’t apply an equal amount of urethane between the glass and the car frame.
- Misalignment between the windshield and car frame. If the glass isn’t set correctly, it could lead to larger gaps between the edge of the glass and the car frame, causing the molding to seat improperly. Wind hitting the larger gap or improperly seated molding can create wind noise.
If you are hearing wind noise coming from a recently installed windshield, have a professional look at it as soon as possible. An experienced technician should be able to quickly identify any misalignment or small gaps and easily fix the problem.
How soon can I drive after a windshield replacement?
Following a replacement, it is important to follow the safe drive-away time for the adhesive to cure. If you are driving before the prescribed time, there is an increased risk of injury and damage to the glass.
The safe drive-away time occurs after the adhesive has cured correctly on the car’s body. This process can take around 3 hours depending on temperature and humidity levels but can take longer in cooler or wet weather. During this curing period, you must avoid any movements of your vehicle that could cause strain on the glass, such as rapid acceleration, sudden braking, or sharp corners – use only cautious maneuvering.
It is advised to keep windows closed during rainy or cold weather and to wait 24 hours before using a car wash service or pressure washer near a recently replaced windshield – otherwise, particles from cleaners can become embedded in the adhesive causing further damage.
By allowing enough curing time for your windshield replacement, you are helping to keep yourself and others on the roads safe from discomfort and potentially dangerous circumstances if something happens to go wrong.
Is a New Inspection Sticker Necessary After a Replacement?
In some states, replacing the existing windshield requires a new inspection sticker. This is because the windshield plays an important role in the airbag system of a vehicle and so it needs to be correctly installed.
Some auto glass installers can take the old inspection sticker from the broken windshield and transfer it onto the new one, depending on if local state laws require an inspection. It’s always important to ensure you’re following proper regulations regarding mandatory inspection stickers by checking your local state’s laws at USA.gov.
When Can a Window Be Fixed Instead of Replaced?
Minor chips and cracks may seem like an easy fix, but they can quickly spread if not addressed promptly. Cracks up to six inches long or chips up to one inch across, located away from the windshield’s edges, are generally repairable. Larger cracks than six inches may need to be replaced for safety. A professional should also check deep chips as the laminate coating between two pieces of glass that make it strong can become weak over time and require replacement.
Also, any damages located close to or around the windshield edges are difficult and sometimes even impossible to repair, per safety regulations. If more than five chips are in the windshield, drivers should consider a replacement for optimal visibility and safety.
In short, some types of windshield damage can be easily fixed, whereas certain other damages may require more assessment before deciding whether repair or replacement is necessary. Check out our auto glass repair page for more details and before and after photos.
- The Mitsubishi Outlander windshield replacement cost can range from $310 to $1,235.
- Aftermarket glass is less expensive than OEM and Dealer glass.
- Mitsubishi recommends oil changes, tire rotations, and brake pad checks every 7,500 miles.
- You should replace the windshield wipers every six months.
- Driving before reaching the recommended drying time found on the instructions of the urethane is the #1 cause of wind noise after a replacement.
- Not all states require a new inspection sticker after a replacement but it’s a good idea to check local laws to ensure you’re compliant with regulations and avoid a possible ticket.
- Fixing a windshield instead of replacing it is sometimes possible depending on the amount and size of the damage.
Auto Glass Locator is the best choice for Mitsubishi Outlander auto glass replacement services. Our experienced technicians provide exceptional customer service, use only high-quality materials, adhere to strict safety standards, and offer competitive pricing to get the best value for your money. We ensure that your windshield replacement is done quickly and correctly, allowing you to drive safely on the road again.
You can be assured of superior workmanship and customer service when choosing Auto Glass Locator for your Mitsubishi Outlander’s auto glass replacement. Don’t delay any longer – contact us now to make an appointment!
Shawn LongmoreShawn is the founder of Auto Glass Locator and enjoys providing articles related to automotive parts and services. His mission is to make it easy for everyone to find all the information they need in one spot. Each year he continues to help more people find great deals on auto glass and other automotive services.
How Much Does Hail Damage Repair Cost?
The average hail damage repair cost will vary from one repair shop to another. In most cases, the paintless dent removal process is between $2,5..
Paintless Dent Repair Cost and 1 Hidden Danger To Watch For!
Paintless dent repair cost will range from $90 to $200 per dented panel. The average cost for a job is around $125 per body panel. However...