Lexus Windshield Replacement Cost
What's In This Post?
A Lexus windshield replacement cost will vary depending on the type of glass replaced and the year, make, and model of your Lexus. The average cost of a windshield replacement is between $350 and $750, but most Lexus owners have reported paying $575 for these luxury windshields. If you need a custom-made windshield, prices can be as high as $1,000.
Recent Price Quotes
Below are some current glass prices for Lexus owners across the United States. As seen below, the cost of repairs varies slightly depending on the vehicle, part installed, and additional ADAS features needed.
|Lexus Year & Model||Part Ordered||Price||Location|
|2016 RX 450h||Front Windshield||$415.22||Los Angeles, CA 90001|
|2021 RX 450h 4 Door Utility||Driver-Side Front Door Glass||$212.10||Phoenix, AZ 85003|
|2019 RX 450h||Front Windshield||$562.15||West Hollywood, CA 90069|
|2017 RX 350 4 Door Utility||Front Windshield||$541.68||Beverly Hills, CA 90210|
|2011 ES 350 4 Door Sedan||Auto Glass Repair (2 star chips)||$105.00||San Jose, CA 95139|
|2007 IS 250 4 Door Sedan||Back Glass||$208.55||Bloomfield, NJ 07003|
|2017 ES 300h Hybrid||Windshield||$598.19||Clifton, NJ 07011|
|2002 ES 300||Back Window||$510.01||East Orange, NJ 07017|
|2013 GX 460 Sport Utility||Passenger Door Glass||$289.90||North Babylon, NY 11703|
|2017 IS 200t Sedan||Front Windshield Chip Repair||$65.00||Camp Hill, PA 17011|
|2016 NX 200t 4 Door Utility||Back Window||$628.98||Hershey, PA 17033|
|2016 GS 450h Hybrid Sedan||Windshield||$328.15||Harrisburg, PA 17110|
|1996 LX 450 SUV||Passenger-Side Front Door Glass||$262.10||Harrisburg, PA 17113|
|2002 ES 300||Rear Window||$498.12||Frankford, DE 19945|
|2006 SC 430 2 Door Convertible||Left Driver Side Quarter Glass||$278.18||Georgetown, DE 19947|
|2004 RX 330 4 Door Utility||Passenger-Side Front Door Glass||$225.15||Church Creek, MD 21622|
|2019 RC 350 2 Door Coupe||Windshield||$539.28||Salisbury, MD 21801|
|2004 SC 430 2 Door Convertible||Back Glass||$491.11||Gastonia, NC 28056|
|2002 ES 300||Back Glass||$501.89||Monroe, NC 28110|
|2003 IS 300 Sport Cross Station Wagon||Back Window||$578.88||Charlotte, NC 28202|
|2015 RC 350 2 Door Coupe||Windshield||$421.15||Charlotte, NC 28205|
|2002 SC 430 2 Door Convertible||Driver-Side Door Glass||$278.80||Myrtle Beach, SC 29575|
|2021 LC500 2 Door Coupe||Windshield||$508.90||Pawleys Island, SC 29585|
|2019 RC 350 F Sport 2 Door Coupe||Front Windshield||$578.10||Brandon, FL 33510|
|1996 LS 400 Sedan||Back Window||$288.16||Crystal Springs, FL 33524|
|2021 RC 350 F Sport 2 Door Coupe||Windshield||$568.30||Tampa, FL 33602|
|2016 LS 600h L 4 Door Sedan||Windshield||$450.99||Tampa, FL 33609|
|2021 LC500 2 Door Coupe||Front Windshield||$710.50||Saint Petersburg, FL 33701|
|2008 LS 600h L 4 Door Sedan||Front Windshield Crack Repair||$85.00||Clearwater, FL 33755|
|2018 GS 450h Hybrid Sedan||Windshield||$689.10||Pinellas Park, FL 33781|
|2003 IS 300 Sport Cross Station Wagon||Passenger-Side Front Door Glass||$308.12||Fort Myers, FL 33912|
|2005 RX 330 4 Door SUV||Windshield||$261.10||Bradenton, FL 34202|
|1997 LS 400 Sedan||Single Bullseye Chip Repair||$75.00||Austin, TX 78752|
|2015 LX 570 SUV||Driver Side Front Door Glass||$368.30||Austin, TX 78739|
Your price may vary depending on where you live. (Ex: Prices in California might be higher than prices in Texas.)
Click to Schedule Service Now
Auto Glass Cost Factors
Type of Glass Used
There are different types of automotive glass to consider when speaking with an auto glass repair service about your broken windshield. Below are the most common types installed by auto glass specialists nationwide.
- Aftermarket Windshield (OEE) – This type of glass is considered the cheapest option on the market and manufactured by a third party. Like OEM glass, an aftermarket windshield replacement has to match specific requirements set by the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) organization.
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) – Prices for OEM glass are a little higher than aftermarket and a lot lower than dealer glass. OEM is an excellent option if you’re looking for quality glass that matches the specs of the glass installed by the dealer.
- Dealer Glass – Typically the most expensive option and will include the vehicle manufacturer logo on the glass. Request an OEM windshield if you’re not concerned with having the logo but want the same quality.
Automotive Safety Features
ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) uses front-facing camera sensors that require recalibration after a windshield replacement. Unfortunately, ADAS sensor calibration increases repair prices since additional equipment and labor costs are needed.
Things like steering angle sensors, lane departure warning sensors, and adaptive cruise control are additional safety features that come on most new luxury vehicles and will need recalibrating after an installation.
Auto glass repair is another option to consider if the damaged glass on your Lexus isn’t too extensive. Having the glass repaired instead of replaced will save money in the long run because it won’t require a complete replacement. Visit our windshield repair page for details on repair costs and view a before and after example of a quality repair.
Additional Auto Glass Services We Provide
- Door Window Replacements
- Back Window Replacement
- Vent Glass Replacements
- Quarter Glass Installations
- Chip Repair
- Sunroof Repair and Replacement
Paintless Dent Repair
Rocks will damage the windshield and sometimes the body of your vehicle too. You’ll need to find a good PDR company to fix the dent for this type of damage. Auto Glass Locator doesn’t provide paintless dent repair for Lexus owners, but we have researched the average costs to prevent you from overpaying when speaking with body shops. Check out our paintless dent removal post for additional details.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I get my auto glass replaced at home? Yes, we provide mobile services to most locations nationwide.
- Do I need to install dealer glass if I’m driving a leased car? Most lease agreement terms won’t accept a quality aftermarket glass since the materials don’t match the specs of Dealer or OEM glass. However, you’ll need to consult with the leasing company to determine which glass they will accept. Installing the wrong type of glass may cost you more money when returning the vehicle at the end of the lease.
- Can the windshield wipers damage the front window? Yes, the old rubber on wiper blades can become brittle and break off, which will expose the metal underneath. Turning on your wipers with exposed metal will cause scratches on the surface of the glass. Visit our post on the seven simple steps to fix scratched glass.
- How long does it take to replace the glass on my Lexus? In most cases, the time required to complete an installation is around 1-2 hours.
- How soon can I drive after the front glass replacement? The type of adhesive used during the installation determines safe drive times. In most cases, it’s safe to go within an hour, but we recommend 2-3 hours for additional safety. Check with the technician for more specific times. Also, visit our safe drive-away time post for more details on the different types of auto glass adhesive used by shops.
- Do rain sensors need to be recalibrated after a replacement? In most cases, a condensation sensor is the one feature that will not require recalibration.
- Will the replacement window be cheaper without insurance? Automobile glass shops will offer lower prices in most cases if you’re not going through insurance. However, you might save more by filing a claim and paying the deductible if you have comprehensive insurance coverage.
- Will filing an insurance claim for auto glass increase my monthly bill? Insurance companies don’t raise rates based on replacement windshields alone. Instead, most auto insurance agencies will base rates on the number of eligible claims filed for a year. If you’re concerned about an increase in your policy, we recommend speaking with your agent since they’re the only people with direct access to your policy and its history.
Customer satisfaction and safety are our top priorities. If you’d like to schedule a repair or replacement for your Lexus or have questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us today. Our experts are standing by and ready to help. Also, please consider sharing this post with others if you found it helpful during your search for a Lexus windshield replacement cost.
Click to Call 877-781-6961
Shawn L.Shawn is the founder of Auto Glass Locator and enjoys providing articles related to automotive parts and services. His mission is to make it easy for everyone to find all the information they need in one spot. Each year he continues to help more people find great deals on auto glass and other automotive services.
Why Windshield Replacement Might Cost More Money In 2022 & Beyond
How much does windshield replacement cost in 2022? The price will vary depending on the type of glass you select and the type of vehicle you...
Wind Noise After A Windshield Replacement | 9 Things To Check!
Hearing wind noise after a windshield replacement clearly shows that something didn’t get handled properly during the installation process. These 9 items will..